Effective Date: 25 May 2018
GBG Europe Footwear & Accessories Limited is the controller of your personal data via our Website.
1. HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
2. PURPOSES FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
4. SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
5. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
6. DATA RETENTION
7. YOUR RIGHTS
8. CONTACT US
- 1. HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
We may process your personal data when you submit it to us in the following ways:
- Communications via our Website: We collect personal data when you provide it to us through communications via our Website. This includes where you have contacted us through the channels listed on the “Contact Us” page on our Website and similar situations in which you have chosen to provide the information to us, including for customer services support.
- Goods or services you request: Where you request a good or service from us, we will collect your personal data in order to process your request and otherwise contact you following a purchase.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources, for example providers of technical, payment and delivery services.
The type of personal data we may collect includes identity data (including name and title), contact data (including postal address, email address and telephone numbers), financial data (including bank account and payment card details), transaction data (details of products and services you have purchased from us) and profile data (including your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses).
- 2. PURPOSES FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We process any personal data you provide to us to enable us to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you, to ensure compliance with local legal and regulatory requirements and for the purposes of our legitimate business interests, including:
- to enable us to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to enable us to respond to an enquiry or other request you make when you contact us via our Website, including for customer services support;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to enable us to issue a notice or corrective action to you in relation to any of our products or services, if required;
- to better understand how you interact with our Website, including its functionality and features, and ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner; and
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about and we feel may interest you, as described in the “Marketing” section below.
- 3. MARKETING
We may contact you to provide you with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. You may be contacted by us, Global Brands Group affiliated companies, or by one of our selected partners, in each case where you have consented to receive these communications.
You may opt out of receiving our marketing communications at any time by contacting us at [insert email address] or by using the unsubscribe link in any of our communications.
We will continue to contact you for non-marketing related purposes where we need to issue a field corrective or safety notice, or where we need to send certain information to you under a legal, regulatory, or ethical requirement.
- 4. SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may share your personal data with:
- other companies within the Global Brands Group;
- our selected commercial partners and sponsors where you have chosen to participate in surveys, opinion groups or other marketing-related initiatives relating to your use of our goods and services;
- a prospective [ seller or ] buyer in the event of a sale or purchase of any Global Brands Group business or asset so that the buyer can continue to provide you with information and services;
- our service providers that we engage to provide services for us. Where we provide your personal data to third party services providers, they are required to keep your personal data confidential and secure, and must only use your personal data as instructed by us; and
- our distributors, business partners, or other service providers, including for marketing purposes or where you have chosen to share your personal data through various features and functionality provided via our Website.
- 5. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
We may share your personal data within the Global Brands Group. If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), this will involve transferring your data outside the EEA.
Many of our external third parties are based outside the EEA so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA. Whenever we transfer your personal data outside of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- we will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission. For further details, see European Commission: Adequacy of the protection of personal data in non-EU countries.
- where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe. For further details, see European Commission: Model contracts for the transfer of personal data to third countries.
- where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US. For further details, see European Commission: EU-US Privacy Shield.
For further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data outside of the EEA, please send your request to [insert email address]. We will process any request in line with any local laws and our policies and procedures.
- 6. DATA RETENTION
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
- 7. YOUR RIGHTS
You may inform us of any changes in your personal data, and in accordance with our obligations under applicable data protection laws we will update or delete your personal data accordingly.
EEA residents: You may have the right to: request (a) access to the personal data we hold about you; (b) request we correct any inaccurate personal data we hold about you; (c) request we delete any personal data we hold about you; (d) restrict the processing of personal data we hold about you; (e) object to the processing of personal data we hold about you; and/or (f) receive any personal data we hold about you in a structured and commonly used machine-readable format or have such personal information transmitted to another company.
We may ask you for additional information to confirm your identity and for security purposes, before disclosing information requested to you.
To exercise any of your rights in connection with your personal data, please contact enquiries@Modalu.com. We will process any request in line with any local laws and our policies and procedures. If you are located in the EEA, you have the right to lodge a complaint about how we process your personal data with the supervisory authority in your country.
- 8. CONTACT US
If you have any questions about the processing of personal data via this Website, please contact us by email at enquiries@Modalu.com If you contact us, we will do our utmost best to address any concerns you may have about our processing of your personal data.
Effective Date: 25 May 2018
Cookies are small text files that are sent to your computer when you visit a website. Cookies are widely used by web site owners in order to make their web sites work, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, storing your preferences and generally improving your experience of a website.
- you may encounter cookies from our third party service providers that we have allowed on our website that assist us with various aspects of our website operations and services.
- you also may encounter cookies from third parties on certain pages of the websites that we do not control and have not authorised. For example, if you view a web page posted as a link from our website, there may be a cookie placed by that web page.
- 2. Cookies used on our website
- Strictly necessary cookies: required for the operation of our website. These include for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, to move around the website and use its features such as use the shopping basket when making a purchase.
- Performance cookies: also known as “analytical” cookies. These cookies allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the sites when they are using them. For example, they allow us to understand which pages are visited most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
- Functionality cookies: these cookies are necessary for our website to operate and allow us to remember what choices you make and provide enhanced, more personal features. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Advertising and marketing cookies: these cookies are used to send you advertising and marketing-related material tailored to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaigns. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers.
- 3. Google Analytics
This website uses Google Analytics to collect information about how users use the website. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. In case IP-anonymization is activated on this website, your IP address will be partially used within the European Union or just in the European Economic Area if it is used by other parties. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transferred to a Google server in the United States, and then shortened so it is only partially used there. The IP-anonymization is active on this website.
Alternatively, you can opt-out from being tracked by Google Analytics in the future by clicking on the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- 4. Opting out of cookies
For more information and how cookies they can be managed and deleted please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/ or http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/.
The policy below applied up to 25th May 2018
At GBG Europe F&A, we are committed to maintaining your privacy. Our privacy statement is given below.
This statement may change and should be viewed regularly. Any changes made will also be notified through our newsletter and updated on our website.
GBG Europe F&A do not sell, rent or loan any identifiable information regarding our customers to third parties without your consent.
We comply with the standards, procedures and requirements laid down in the UK Data Protection Act to ensure personal information you give us is kept secure and processed fairly and lawfully.
For our newsletter subscription, we will ask for your name and email address. Postal address, contact telephone number and date of birth are optional but may be used to tailor promotions to your requirements.
Email alerts and newsletters will be sent to inform of new products, events and special promotions from GBG Europe F&A and the brands that they represent.
For competition entries, we will ask for your name, email address, postal address and contact telephone number. Date of birth is optional.If you do not want to receive further email alerts from GBG Europe F&A, you can opt out by checking the box on the entry form.
If you no longer wish to receive email alerts, please simply unsubscribe from the email by clicking the unsubscribe link or send an email to our customer services department on email@example.com writing ‘unsubscribe’ in the subject heading. Alternatively you can call us on 01252 533561
GBG Europe F&A accepts no responsibility for the content of any site to which a hyperlink from this site exists. Such links are provided for you your convenience on an ‘as is’ basis with no warranty, express or implied, for the information provided within them.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Modalu Online, 20 Broadway studios, 2nd Floor, London, W6 7AF.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information that allow our website to recognise your device. They are then downloaded to your device when you visit the website, if you agree to the site doing this. The cookies are then sent back to our website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie.
Cookies are very useful as they allow our website to recognise your device and are widely used to make websites work more efficiently, to let you navigate between pages, to remember your preferences and to generally improve your user experience on our website. They can also help to ensure that any adverts you see online are tailored to be more relevant to you and your interests.
If you don’t change your browser and continue to use our site, we will assume that you consent to us continuing to download cookies onto your device.
Whether or not you allow us to download cookies is completely up to you. However, if you choose to disable cookies by changing your browser settings our website and its features may not necessarily work in the same way or produce the same personalised experience. If you delete all of your cookies you will have to update your preferences with us again. If you use a difference device, computer profile or browser you will have to tell us your preferences again.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You sesssion ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|
Updated September 2011.